Three more days left with students.
This has been a challenging year. And for the first time, there are VERY few students that I will be sad to see go. And that's kind of sad in itself. Last year I was really sad to see so many of my kids go - and I'm always happy to get to see them when I work at the hs. This year... not so much. They are the kind of students that make you worry about our future. Kids that when given the choice draw pictures of tornadoes and destruction... comics about kids beating each other up and then eating the heads of their victims for dinner. (And then sweet students drawing pictures of flowers and bunnies... what's going on here?!?!?)
And sadly, seeing as how it is June, I can pretty much count the fulbright out for next year. But that wasn't too much of a surprise. It's kind of hard to find a choir-only teacher who wants to come live in the middle of Ohio.
So I'll continue to seriously examine my future and what it brings. As long as I don't accidentally kill one of my students between now and the last three days and end up rotting in prison.
I don't think I'd do well in prison. Something tells me that.
But on the bright side, once school's out, I'm going to see Wilco, going to the Miami Glee Club reunion, and then flying out to Portland. So there's a big upswing in the very near future.
Egg Fast Log Sept 2017...
8 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment