Wednesday, October 3, 2007

woman of the moment


If I have not previously sung this woman's praises, let me start... Sharon Jones is one of the most spectacular voices currently singing. Damn this woman can SING! Of course, it doesn't hurt that the Dap-Tones are backing her up. Sounds like it could have been made 30 years ago, but it's still as fresh as can be. Funk-a-licious. Can't get enough. This will be in my top of 2007 without a doubt.

And, as with all super-sweet bands touring these days, she's skipping Cincinnati.

Check her out.

1 comment:

Jack Croupy, alias said...

I'm diggin' it. But there's not a whole lot of variation from song to song and she always in the same range...you being a singer, maybe you can prove me wrong, but it seemed like she was hammering away at the same frequencies too long.

Is that a weird review or what? I've never paid attention to that type of thing before this album. Maybe I should give it more time.