Friday, November 2, 2007

I made this!



I've gotten to toy around the shop a little lately - and have a few things to show for it! First up is my new guitar hanger - a planned addition as part of the living room remodel - just didn't get it done in time to be up with everything else. For a while I had debated what wood to use, and I've been hanging on to this beautifully flamed maple for forever... saving it for something special - what's better than something that will be in my living room, seen every day?!? The pictures catch the figure pretty well. It turned out nicely.

The second project (obviously completely unrelated) is one of the standard pitfalls of woodworking. The more you do it, the more you want to build things to enable to build other things. My lathe was needing a new home. So I went a little overboard with the new workbench... staining the drawer fronts and putting better pulls on them than they really deserve. But I just happened to have them laying around. Still have a few finishing touches to put on it, but it's nice. I'm pretty happy about it. Winter is a good time to have a lathe. And now my lathe has a pretty awesome new home. I'm ordering a new chuck, too, so I should be able to do some pretty cool things this winter.

1 comment:

danl77 said...

I am sooooo jealous. Howwever, I finally pulled my table saw out of the basement and put it in the garage. I figure I still have about a month or two of decent weather. I got it set up and started it last night for the first time in 1 1/2 years. AHHHHHHH.....

See you at Swarthy tonight.