Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year!

I started off 2008 with a special event at my yoga studio. For the last few years, they have started the new year with 108 sun salutations. So despite having to set an alarm on New Years Day, I went to the class. The place was packed. Twelve separate teachers led 9 salutations each, getting to the 108. I had decided that yoga was going to be a definite part of my 2008, and this was a nice way to really make a start to that commitment.

And instead of resolutions, this year I am setting intentions for the year.

First, to be content.

Second, to be grateful.

They are closely linked to one another, but I have so much in my life to be thankful for and yet so often I don't allow myself to be content or even cognizant of all the good things.

Here's wishing you and those you love a 2008 filled with friends, family, health, love and contentment.

-m

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want Yoda to be a part of my life in 2008 too...very helpful he is!

Kris