I have to say - with no small bit of envy - that I'm really happy to hear about Croup's change in employment.
I have actually discussed working with my brother, and spent some serious time considering it. There aren't too many families where brothers would really enjoy working together every day, and I think it's awesome that you two are as excited about it as you are.
My envy is really actually palpable right now. I'm in my second year of thinking that my job will change when in reality it may not.
Last year I spent from October until May waiting to hear if Fulbright had found someone who wanted to change lives with me. Then this year I really thought it was happening... and now... silence. I know nothing. I was (am?) supposed to fly out Saturday to meet the key players in India. But... silence. no ticket. no replies. nothing since last Thursday's two line email that promised I'd have tickets in two days.
I actually talked with my parents about everything tonight. Including how much I need a change of employment. I honestly don't even like myself very much when I'm at work. I've been relegated to the role of a behavior manager for hormonal disasters. I don't really even feel like I'm teaching much anymore. Just managing.
So croup, dogger, here's to you.
Mark, you hiring?
:(
Egg Fast Log Sept 2017...
8 years ago

4 comments:
I could use a live in nurse for a few weeks.
But Dan, do you pay well? If so, I'll tell Michael to take a hike and just be your live-in nurse and fluffer, if need be. ; )
Oh, and Matt, sorry to hear of the silence that's screaming from India. Don't worry, things will happen as they should.
i agree w/ croupoopoo. If it falls through, some things are meant to be and some are not. If you do not go, think of the terrible other side...you could go to India where there is a complete lack of organization or any logistical plan. In India...that would be hell. I hope it does work out for you, though. Sounds so exciting.
Post a Comment