Monday, April 21, 2008

jury duty

why do people hate it?

I had a day off work in the spring, got to sleep in, and was done by 1:00. I spent most of the day reading great travel stories.

I took the bus downtown, which cost less than the cost of gas to get me to and from work.

I spent the rest of the day starting to clean the garage. (Have I mentioned that I'm overwhelmed at the moving out thing????)

I did get called to go back tomorrow, so who knows, I may even get placed on a jury!

Jury duty: a patriotic duty that really doesn't suck.

2 comments:

danl77 said...

Is Lady Liberty kissing Madame Justice...that's hot...
statue on statue...my kind of patriotism

Taintball said...

bizarre pic, but I enjoyed my jury duty as well. I got to read a LOT, which I tend to like to do. You see how our justice system works, in a hands-on way, and hear some tales of woe and mayhem. All you need is a good imagination and you've got a court room suspense happening right in front of you. :) Citizenship rules! ;)