Wow... what a GREAT concert. We had not known quite what to expect from the live show, but it succeeded in almost every regard. The crowd was super polite, and the encore was done with only a single mike that was almost unnecessary. Babies. There's nothing wrong with that. People have 'em.
good times.

3 comments:
I was lying when I said I didn't love you and miss you...
So did Bon Iver multiply so he could triple track his vocal?? You understand I'm kidding...I just like to make fun of his production techniques and am curious how he sounded alone. I do like him.
That was part of what was amazing... in a way it was almost better live - he got four other musicians who could sing, and they managed to really reproduce everything in a very cool way. Not exactly like the recording, but I hate when bands do that anyway.
Mark sort of likened it to when Wilco plays (especially the stuff from YHF - where the production was so layered)
I'd love to go to Indy tonight to see them again - they're opening for Wilco. That would be an all-around killer show. $23 lawn tickets (but you have to add a $7 ticketbastard "convenience" fee... grrrr)
Post a Comment