
How did such a young bunch of kids make such amazing music?!? It's what country should be. (as opposed to the pop country crap out there these days) My favorite album depends on the day, but my two favorites are March 16-20, 1992 (the album that currently inspired this post) and No Depression. I come back to those two albums time and again.
And it's funny. Had I heard this music in 1992 (when I was in high school) I probably would have denounced it as a bunch of crap. How times change (and that's a good thing)
(and - for dan - or whoever else does't know who the band is - it's Uncle Tupelo)

3 comments:
Why all the hate? Can't we all get along. Peace Love and Happiness, dude....
(a single tear streams down my face)
They look like grunge tools from my high school...hahahahahaha
Kris
I think their album Anodyne is the best...the last album before they broke up and most of the songs are (in part) about the "other dude" in the band...Tweedy or Farrar, depending on who's writing the song. Lots of angst and bitterness, kind of like Dylan's Blood on the Tracks, which is phenominal...as usual. ;) happy listening!
Post a Comment