The week also brought news on the housing front - we MAY be able to close next week. I had thought on Thursday that we would be closing next Wednesday, but then the Title company never answered their phones on Friday. Soooooo.... Who knows. I will be so happy when this process is done and I'm actually getting my hands dirty working on the new house.
And... the week had fun evenings, too. Mark and I went to Guitar Center and I bought myself some toys - a beautiful used Taylor 214 (acoustic 6-string), and an M-Audio Axiom 25 (a 25-key controller for my laptop - exceedingly helpful for working on arrangements for work.) Tuesday, I met Laura - not to be confused with Right-on-post-Laura - I met her through Match.com. We had a great conversation at Habits and decided to continue the evening by going to see the Mark Becknell and the Brothers show at Northside Tavern. The night was great - Dusty was, as usual, great - and we got to catch Jeremy's new collaboration with this other dude. Good, alt-country kind of stuff. The MB & the B, thoroughly rocked out. Even Elvis got in on the action. They obviously have fun playing together. Laura and I had to leave before all the fun was over, though. I knew I had my eval the next day, and so being up til one was WAY past my bed time.
We went out again on Friday - again staying up way too late for this old man - and will see each other today as well... so I'd say it's going well. :)
Saturday I got up early to drive up to Springfield. We went to the Urbana flea market (where I always find something - this time it was an album of vintage photos that I bought for what reason I do not know. The new header is the one that sold me...) and then we went to an animal shelter and found my parents their new dog!!!! I'm so happy for them. Since losing Cassie in January, they held off on getting a dog both because they wanted to wait a little while and because they thought they were getting Beulah for the year. Their new little girl has a very sad story, but I'm sure that with the unchecked love of my parents, she will come around to being a happy, confident little girl. She's a mini Australian Shepherd (my brother has the full size version and we love her).So yeah. What a great week!
There.
I blogged.
And yeah. There was a backlog of it.

2 comments:
AWWWW...what a cute pup!! She looks so happy!! Did your dad rappel down into a ravine to rescue her?
Kris
yes, you were blogstipated. Schatzy might need medical help with his...wow...what a blockage!!
Post a Comment