Tuesday, March 16, 2010

time, twists of fate, love, and change



That's a hefty subject for a single blog entry.

I haven't blogged in a while, but I've spent the last few days inside my head for a number of reasons, and thought that it was time to write stuff down.

It's funny how time - and often events completely out of your control - have dramatic impacts on your life. I spent much of this blog writing about preparations and stress over my potential move to India. That move never happened and it became something that I was tremendously disappointed about.

Had I gone, surely my life would be different. I don't really think much about what would have happened there or what that could have led to. I do think that without that, I never would have met Laura. She would have completed her residency here in Cincinnati and moved on. I would have returned from India and she'd have been gone - like the proverbial trains in the night.

So now I find myself on the cusp of another big change in my life. A change that I'm really looking forward to. My relationship with Laura is unlike any I've had in my life, and I count that as a very good thing.

It's been interesting to see how people respond to our engagement. I've decided that it reflects on their own personal views and experiences with marriage and love. I could go on with that one, but for now that will suffice.

And can I say that a "simple" wedding is anything but?!?

By the way, the date is June 19th.

:)

5 comments:

Laura S said...

This made me cry - but in a good way. Love you.

Kris Becknell said...

Welcome back to the blogosphere, Hezzie! This was very nice...change is fun and scary.

Kris

Jodi, Larry, and Keaton Stephens said...

Laura-You aren't the only one who cried. I am so happy for both of you. You both deserve to be tremendously happy!

Jack Croupy, alias said...

I'm so glad that Ol' Hezz has blogged once again. I'm so very happy for the change in plans in regards to India, leading you to meet Laura...which shows not all unfortunate events are indeed wholly unfortunate. We should never let ourselves get too down about anything that happens...it may just lead us to a lifetime of happiness, which I wish for you and Laura! Cheers!

Becky Schatz said...

So very happy for you two!