Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Macro photography

So I got a couple of new toys - all lens filters and adapters.... WAY cheaper than lenses, but sometimes the adapters allow you some of the benefits of the real thing without the outlay of cost -

So... here are some photos from my garden using my new "macro" adapter. (average macro lens cost is at least $400 this was well under 1/10th of that) For the first three photos, I have done NOTHING to these photos - no cropping, editing, coloring, etc. They would have been a little bit better focused had I used a tripod, but they were all handheld. The second three are crops of the first three- seeing the detail of the pollen on the day lily, the ants from the center of the flower, and the almost hairlike edges of the marigold. Pretty cool.

2 comments:

Jack Croupy, alias said...

Excellent work Matt! I love the cropping photo with the ants. Unbelievable color!

Schatzy said...

I like the ants too. Not in my house like they are currently, but in your photos. I can send you some if you want.