Wednesday, March 30, 2011

A time for rants

What is happening in today's political climate is shocking... GE gets a tax rebate while shipping 9000+ jobs overseas (and then their CEO is rewarded with an appointment as CHAIRMAN of a committee on job creation in the US), Wisconsin, Indiana, and Ohio are attacking the middle class and worker's rights... Florida's governor pretends like sunshine laws don't exist while blatantly profiteering on his own policies (it is truly stunning.. look up his record on drug testing and refusal to create a pillmill registry).

We really don't live in a democracy... we live in a capitalist society.

Or... as someone said... in a democracy you get the government you deserve.

Anyway - I've always liked old socialist posters and/or old union posters. So tonight I played around and made my own...



Not bad for a first real foray into postermaking... I kinda like it. And, I feel pretty awesomely honored that within five minutes of posting it, two of my friends made it their profile picture on Facebook. So that's kinda cool.

Sigh.... I get very discouraged about the type of society and government my child will be born into. I hope it gets better, but there are so many major problems and so many people who aren't interested in fixing it.

No comments: