Monday, April 30, 2007

East Fork Pics Part II

There's something about walking through woods that is incredibly soothing and cleansing. Even if it is a mudpit.

There was some garbage - which is always irritating - I think that boaters have in general less of the "leave no trace" ethic than hikers. But one of the odder ones - a couple miles from anywhere were a sink and what looked like some compressed air/welding tanks. Coming out of the valve of one of the tanks was a snake sunning itself. I got a video as it retreated into its makeshift home. Somehow this made me feel a little better about the trash.

My hike ended with a wander through a beautiful old cemetary - lots of civil-war era stones. I've always liked cemetaries and haven't been through one in quite a while. Nice. Some really great carved headstones. All in all, a great day, and a new park to enjoy. I'll be back.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No Way Dude...Mark and I went to East Fork Lake this weekend too!! We took Sammy to the beach so that she could take a swim.

It's a small world afterall...

Kris