What a perfect day to miss work! I took my final personal day of the year to extend the weekend. The day looked so good that I had to do something, so I visited East Fork State Park, which, despite its 30 minute proximity to Cincinnati I have never visited. The park has 80+ miles of trails, and I wandered through about 7 of them today. Most were remarkably mud-soaked, but I guess what can you really expect when hiking in the spring in Ohio. Some were better than others.
The park was deserted - a few boaters, but I never saw anyone else on the trails in four hours of hiking. I guess most people don't like slogging through
mud. It's like therapy for me. The flowers were blooming, too. Like most woodland flowers, they were beautiful, but tiny. The kind of thing you really have to look at in order to see how beautiful it really is.


1 comment:
Taking Monday of was THE best choice I have made in a long time. I think it is better than Friday, because NOBODY is out on Mondays.
Post a Comment