



A little belated, but what a weekend! I started out driving to Springfield to drop my dog off for the week at my parents. I hate leaving her, she's always missed. But after a fun evening at Dan's, I headed to Pittsburgh to surprise Mike with a pre- wedding outing. He had no clue, and Stacy had to work hard to get the set-up to work out. We went to a Pitt game against Eastern Michigan and then spent the night at a Cabana Bar. Fun times.
I left Pittsburgh Sunday morning and drove to Ohiopyle, where I met Mark, Kris, Dan, Emily, and Nick who had gotten there the day before. The area was awesome. Some good hiking, an awesome lunch watching rafters and kayakers go through rapids, and without exception the best food I've EVER eaten on a camping trip. These people are serious about their camp food.
Drove back to my brother's on Monday to celebrate my parent's anniversary (41!) and Dad's birthday and Kirk's birthday. Got home late and tired, but it was worth every second. The weekend just wasn't long enough.
I've realized that I'm happier when camping than almost any other time. It has an amazing calming effect on me.

2 comments:
Dude...your pictures aren't working!! I want to see WEDDING PICTURES!!!!!
fixed.
Post a Comment