I love October - when it's not 90 degrees...
Today is a great example of that. Cold enough that jeans and a long-sleeve T are actually comfortable.
One of my favorite comfort food this time of year is my mom's oatmeal raisin cookies. I'd bought the ingredients a week or so ago when the weather had started to cool. The recent heat wave caused me to reconsider my decision, though... until today. It seemed the perfect day to bake, so after work, I came home and started.
The other great thing about this season is the abundance of good beer. Between the assorted Oktoberfest and other Harvest beers, this is truly an outstanding time to open a bottle.
So I baked cookies and drank beer. The only downside of all of this is that I really don't want to worry about what I'm eating for dinner. I just want to eat more cookies and drink more beer. Does that qualify as dinner? I suppose stranger things have constituted a meal.
Cheers.
Egg Fast Log Sept 2017...
8 years ago

4 comments:
That is so weird...I was in the mood to bake last night also...I baked a loaf of wheat bread and then ate 3 pieces slathered in real butter. Now that is a meal!
Kris
Ha, she said "baked a loaf". I loaf cause I am baked. :)
Matt, those are three wonderful things in life. Fall being the first, beer the second and since I have had your Mom's cookies I have to put it last. But I'm willing to challenge that if you still have any left.
you left out an "n't" there, croupy.
And there's still some around.
oops, I was thinking...uh, nevermind, I don't know who reads this. :)
Post a Comment