My aunt had to put her dog, Taz, to sleep this morning.
She's had a really rough run, and a long, slow, fall. Unfortunately, Taz had a large growth on the liver that was probably malignant. It had spread, and was causing the little girl a great deal of pain.
She was a unique dog - more energy in that little package than I've EVER seen in any other animal. While many dogs "mellow" after one or two years, Taz didn't mellow til she was ten. No joke.
My parents came home yesterday - to an empty house. And now my Aunt is going to be adjusting to a quiet house. I talked to my folks last night, and the sadness was pretty palpable in their voices. And really, what can you say? My dog is the reason I like to come home. It's tough as our family now grieves their loss.
:(
No comments:
Post a Comment