Wednesday, January 23, 2008

mlk day 2008


I feel like I've posted a lot of depressing stuff lately, so I'm going for happy.

My brother and his wife came down for MLK day - we have a standing tradition (it's been about three years now) that we party for MLK. Heck, the guy deserves a party.

It has typically involved
1. dogs
2. beverages
3. going someplace new
4. going to the liquor store (see also #2)

So this time it was the Carew Tower. None of us had been to the top, and I was surprised to find that the entrance fee to the top was a whopping $2 a person. So we went up Cincinnati's tallest (and very arguably most gorgeous) building. Unfortunately, it won't be the largest much longer, but that's another story.

The view was beautiful, and it wasn't as cold as we'd thought it might be.

And we happened to find that the Palm Court offered some very discounted martinis and appetizers. I ate what is easily on the top 5 of shrimp dishes I've eaten in my life, and drank two of the best martinis I've ever had.

So that was fun. And in the process, we wandered around the hotel a bit and I took a LOT of pictures. So check 'em out. And check out the captions, too. Because the kid at center ice cracks me up.

And if anyone wants to go up the carew with me to see a sunset, I'm in. I could also be talked into another martini and shrimp tempura there...

7 comments:

danl77 said...

aawwwww...a sunset, with you? I am SO in. that sounds romantic. Maybe Mark can come and pose for your camera too.

Anonymous said...

The fallen kid on the ice rink looks like an "X" Chromosome...good stuff!!!

I like your tradition...going somewhere you have never gone before. There are so many cool places in Cinci that I still haven't seen and the are right in my backyard!

Kris

Unknown said...

Kris,

You haven't seen the places in our backyard? It's cool, I guess......grass, sidewalk, detached garage which I really like, grassy things that I hope will trim themselves someday.....

You should check it out.

Matt said...

Hi kris,

thanks for your genuine comment. Why is it that you and I surround ourselves with snarky bastards?

-Hezekiah

Anonymous said...

That is just the kind of gal I am...GEN-U-WINE!!!

Unknown said...

Oh, I'm sorry Matt. Insert genuine intelligent comment here.

Jack Croupy, alias said...

another genuine intelligent comment from this peanut gallery as well. ;)