All of the pictures were taken on the way to or from Grand Victoria Casino. Most are along 50, along the river.
It was a mix of a beautiful and sad drive: a mix of industry and post-industrial waste spotted along the natural beauty of the river. I may have to take the same drive again when I'm just free to take pictures... there's a kind of beauty in some of the decay.
And then there was the casino. I had fun in Vegas, but Indiana was completely different. These people hadn't come there for vacation or to party... they'd come there for the desperate lure of easy money. And very very few of them had the money to just throw away.
We had a good time since we were there for fun and for the party, but I really had to tune out some of what was going on around me.
2 comments:
All of the pictures were taken on the way to or from Grand Victoria Casino. Most are along 50, along the river.
It was a mix of a beautiful and sad drive: a mix of industry and post-industrial waste spotted along the natural beauty of the river. I may have to take the same drive again when I'm just free to take pictures... there's a kind of beauty in some of the decay.
And then there was the casino. I had fun in Vegas, but Indiana was completely different. These people hadn't come there for vacation or to party... they'd come there for the desperate lure of easy money. And very very few of them had the money to just throw away.
We had a good time since we were there for fun and for the party, but I really had to tune out some of what was going on around me.
It's actually left me kind of depressed.
ps. click on them to get a better sense of them. The last one is my favorite.
Post a Comment