This was a crazy weekend. I'm spending today catching up on cleaning, laundry, and starting the to-do list for India.
It was convention weekend - one I look forward to every year. It's a nice chance to see a lot of people I went to school with and be a little rejuvenated about my career. Unfortunately, a bum named Dan no longer comes to these things, so I don't get to hang out with him. Oh well... As it was, I didn't see as many people as I usually do, but I met a number of new people and went to some great sessions and heard some really good things. It's good to be a student again sometimes. As an added bonus I managed to make two happy hours at the palm court. Those are some good martinis....
I also got to talk to a number of Miami faculty about the India opportunity (which most of them already knew about. Word apparently travels fast, but in many ways it was reassuring that I've made a good decision). And had a great chance to sit down and talk with Ethan about what I could expect. He's been involved with projects in India almost since he came to Miami, and has been instrumental in getting me into this position. The newest - and most significant news - is that the KM conservatory got an official partnership with Madras University - which means it will be an accredited degree program - something they didn't anticipate would happen for a couple of years. One of the other pieces is that Rahman is looking for a female instructor if Kristina doesn't stay so that he can have a male and female voice that he can use in the studio when needed. So it's quite possible I'll be singing on a Tamil soundtrack here and there.... crazy.
I'm a little overwhelmed, though. My brain simply hasn't stopped. I have concerts at school next week, I have less than four and a half months until I leave, I have to prepare curriculum and materials for students that I don't know their skill level, etc, etc, etc. It's hard to turn all of that off sometimes.
Enough. The laundry is ready to be changed over so I'm going to head back to doing work. So much to do....
Egg Fast Log Sept 2017...
8 years ago

2 comments:
it wasn't really intended as a cheap shot. I really did miss hanging out with you at convention.
But if you want to be a little bitch... go ahead. ;)
That does seem like a cool weekend...and you topped it off with a viewing of the cult classic, "Barbarella" What more could you ask for?
Hey...you will have to take me to that Palm Court place...sounds groovy!
Post a Comment