Monday, February 11, 2008

(re)joining the apple world

I have forsaken my ten year connection to PCs and returned to the apple side of the computing world. In addition to those catchy little commercials where the hip apple dude makes mr. PC look so stuffy, it's the platform that the school in India uses.

But I was painfully reminded that one of the reasons I left apple was the cost factor. My last laptop cost me $285. Admittedly, a killer deal. I spent over ten times that today. Of course, that includes the full version of Logic. So I've got a pretty darn powerful machine and I'm going to be loading it with the best software - Logic, Sibelius, probably Finale, and I'm debating photoshop. (Although most likely it'll be Elements as opposed to the full Photoshop).

So if it snows as much as it is supposed to, you know what I'll be doing!!!!

*edited to add:

We did indeed receive some snow and ice... enough to cancel most of the schools in the greater cincinnati area. So I have completely stripped and reformatted my old computer and dismantled it, and started installing stuff on my new computer. Logic's install time was estimated at 7 hours!!!! It's 8 dvds of information. It'll probably be closer to 4 or 4 1/2 hours when all is said and done, but still.... the longest install I've ever had to deal with. It's a 48 gig installation. Can't wait to start learning to use it.

1 comment:

danl77 said...

Yeah..we know what you'll be doing...looking at porn online with your new MAC.