Tuesday, February 26, 2008

screwed by my civic duty


It's not like I haven't been stressed enough lately.

Last night I conducted six separate choirs in three separate concerts in one evening. This morning I went to the doctor and started being a pin cushion of inoculations and got a couple of prescriptions. Thursday I'll have another appointment with a travel clinic to get two more shots and two more prescriptions.

Two weeks from today I'll be in India.

And today I get a letter from "the man."

Ordinarily I think Jury duty is pretty cool. Ordinarily I'd be all for it.

BUT I'm already missing a week of school for India. AND... this starts during my spring break - so I won't really get that break, AND I'll miss the entire week of school after it. I'll get over the school part of it... but....

It means I won't get to go on the backpacking trip - which I've been really excited about. It just sounded like the kind of weekend I need right now.

I'm pissed.

3 comments:

danl77 said...

How about you wear a Nazi shirt to the first day of jury duty? With the shaved head, they are bound to not want you on the jury....just a thought.

Geez it looks like only Mark and Nick on the camping...well, they are gay..

Matt said...

Yeah... a year ago we were kickin it at the bottom of the grand canyon. This year you're an invalid and I'm on jury duty.

Sad.

Oh well. Mark and Nick can have all the fun.

And I'll probably pass on the nazi shirt. But.... uh.... thanks for the suggestion?

Anonymous said...

The universe is angry with you Hezzie...It is raining down on you with it's firey fury. Bring on the plagues and the rivers of blood!!! He can take it!!!

Kris