I had to say goodbye to a very dear friend today. I was dreading it last night as the reality started to hit. I had to say goodbye to a lot of people at work. And I couldn't tell most of them that I'm probably not coming back to that job even if I come back to Mason. I don't officially have the high school job, and I'll still have to jump through a few hoops to get there. So I have left there, and with that, left behind a lot of people who have been very good to me. And while I like to think I'll stay in touch, I know that with time and distance, most of those friendships fade. I don't stay in touch with anyone from Waynesville anymore (except Shawn, and I think of him as more from Miami).
But the hardest was to say goodbye to Holly. I've spent more time with her in the last five years than with anyone else, and I can truly say she's been one of my best friends. She knows that my leaving today is more or less the end of that five year partnership. I have counted myself lucky to be graced with such a kind, understanding, and supportive co-teacher. I'm not the easiest person in the world to get along with. As Kris will say - I'm opinionated :) - but we have truly been an awesome pairing and really understand one another.
I'll miss her.
Egg Fast Log Sept 2017...
8 years ago
