Monday, June 2, 2008

thanks


I truly have some of the best friends on the planet.

A super huge thanks to Mark and Kris for organizing a super-cool going-away party. And another huge thanks to all of you for coming out and making me feel special...

It's hard to leave such great friends behind, but it's because I know those friends are my friends whether I'm here or in India that I can leave.

Toward the end of the evening, I had a little moment where I sat by myself and watched everyone and realized that you'll all continue on having a great time together, but I just won't be there for it. And while I'll have some amazing experiences, I'll miss the togetherness that we so often have. And it made me a little sad.

But sad in a good way. Thanks.

3 comments:

danl77 said...

Apparently, I am not one of those friends. I am not in the slide show.

Frowny face :(

(ouch..that spin punch hurt)

Taintball said...

I got the old "roundhouse" kick too! No pics of me or my family...sheesh.

...but seriously, glad we could make it even though we were late. We had a great time, and wow was the weather fantastic. We'll miss the poo out of you, but we're so excited for your new experience and adventure. Best of luck and we'll all be here when you get back...for more good times.

Sir Michael of Foxcroft said...

Yes, more than likely....NOTHING will have changed when you come back. And I'm sure the blog will continue.

I MUST have that picture of Ari on the bike! Can you send me that?