
So there's a chance I'm going to owe Mark and Kris for that going away party... (don't worry... I'll make good.)
The contract language is shit. I've got a lawyer looking at it right now, but my initial response - without a lawyer - is already three pages long on a seven page contract.
Several things don't match what was discussed - including salary - and the rest is unacceptably vague or leaves them with too much power or is designed for their protection, not mine. The big sticking point will be health insurance. To the point that they haven't really even addressed that yet.
I'm talking with Mason again about the high school job - which - to the best of my knowledge - hasn't been filled yet. I'll give India a week to correct it and then start to pick up some pieces for next year.

3 comments:
Wow...who made a sand sculpture of your head?!?!
Sorry to hear about the contract debacle...if it all does go to heck and you need a place to stay while you are working at Mason High School...Mark and I have a spare room and would charge you only a meager rent...and may require other various "duties" to be discussed later...
Kris
Dude, I'm glad you posted about this...I've been wondering what was going on with it. Sounds crappy, but you seem to be handling things well. Best of luck. When are you in the area again?
My 2 cents....
DON'T GO. SOUNDS DANGEROUSLY SCARY AND UNORGANIZED. THEY CHANGED THE PLAN AFTER YOU LEFT YOUR JOB AND HOME. WHO DOES THAT??? Totally sounded like the coolest experience, but perhaps the plans have collapsed now for a good reason...
You could find a much happier job, happier home, and better state of mind after a much-needed life alteration.
Or not. Michael only pawn in game of life.
Post a Comment