Monday, July 7, 2008

you heard it here first

I have accepted the position at Mason. It'll be official tomorrow - at which point it'll get posted on the India blog. But I think Michael said it right - it's frighteningly disorganized. The situation kept getting worse and worse. I was very excited about it, and it did sound like a tremendous opportunity, but it's to the point that I was just getting used, and even if I did make it over, the job would be very different than what I had signed up to do. While looking at their website, the ONLY person over there who made sense to me (V.S. Narasimhan) was removed from the staff list. My bet is that he quit seeing all of the disorganization. If they fired him... well.... then I don't really want to work for them anyway. And in many ways, that's what the decision came down to. Trust. I didn't trust the head administrator, because he did not come through on his word even ONCE. So yeah. I'm taking a new job that I'm excited about, and in the meantime trying to QUICKLY find some housing...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! That is great about the Mason job! See how everything falls into place...maybe you just needed a big shake up in your life.

You could just go live in your POD...all your stuff is already there!

If you need a place to stay while you are house hunting, you and Beulah are more than welcome.

Kris

Sir Michael of Foxcroft said...

That's a ditto from the M.Mav residence in gorgeous Finneytown. You're more than welcome to stay in our guest room whenever you like. I'm happy you're not leaving. We have a lot of summer and fun to have this year. And you won't have to wipe your ass with your bare hand in Cincinnati.

Jack Croupy, alias said...

You've reasoned your decision well, now you are a Jedi like the rest of us. (Well, except for Dan...he still needs to realize that Cincy has been calling him and leaving messages for a couple of years now.)

Anyway, so when's the "Welcome Back Matt" party? We've missed you.

danl77 said...

Hey, does this mean Matt Mark Nick and I can can on the hiking trip that got canceled in April? hells yes.

I am caught between moving to Cinci and Portland. The girls here are so ....organic...

I am glad you are back Matt.

Matt said...

*blushes*

awww.... thanks everybody!!!!

And I will most likely have to take up some of those offers on residence for a while in August. I'm still working on a roofing project here, and then I'm going to be house shopping in Cinci on thursday.

Sir Michael of Foxcroft said...

#1. Thanks for including me in the camping trip skinny Columbus guy.

#2. "Organic" very soon can be called "stinky". Trust me, it was my fan base.

#3. Don't go the way of the dodo, Hezzie, Finneytown is screaming your name.

Matt said...

I read all of this again and it made me smile.

I had a very unpleasant 15 minute conversation with Selva during which he accused me of being unreasonable, and offered me more money, and could not understand why I didn't have trust in him. ("How can you not trust us? Rahman is one of the most famous people in India!") It's not Rahman I don't trust, big guy... it's YOU. Who would be my "boss." I don't want to work with someone who only responds when I say I'm through with it.

But nonetheless it was incredibly stressful and frustrating. Had they shown half of this interest two weeks ago, I'd be ok with things. In the end, I think Sir Michael's comments on the last blog are still true.

Schatzy said...

I'm glad. You would have most likely come back with a beard mountain and asked everyone to call you Vikram. It sounded absolutely wonderful at first, but got a little weird along the way. If it looks, smells, and tastes like poop... you know, its as good as two in the bush.

Have a wonderful time house hunting, sweet Vikram, and know that you're always welcome in Portland.

-Schatzy