So I get a large percentage of my news from NPR. Secondary sources include 700 WLW (when I'm looking for how the other half lives), BBC online, and the NY Times. But mostly NPR.I also get a fair amount of entertainment from NPR - Car Talk, Wait Wait Don't Tell Me, This American Life, etc.
This week I really started exploring some of the podcast options from NPR and was getting into All Songs Considered - especially their live show archives and Tiny Desk concerts. I guess it shouldn't come as a surprise to me, but somehow even my musical tastes line up. Full live shows from the National, Tom Waits, Bon Iver, Neko Case, Sharon Jones, and MANY MANY more. Other bands I'm going to have to check out.
I used to get the all songs considered podcast, but I stopped because I couldn't keep up with it. But since that time it has expanded and gotten even more amazing. I won't be able to keep up with everything, but wow... what an archive.
So I guess if NPR has a demographic, I'm it. Apparently they have my number and are programing right at me. I'll make this disclaimer right now so I don't get a phone call from Ira Glass (although that would make my day). I am a proud member.

1 comment:
I get all of my news from the Daily Show...that way it is funnier and less scary than real news.
Kris
p.a. also get the All Songs Considered podcast...also had a hard time keeping up.
Post a Comment