Tuesday, May 11, 2010

A good couple of weeks for music

Wow - what a collection of new tunes is out there!

Today the National released High Violet - their highly anticipated follow-up to Boxer. Bloodbuzz Ohio is a pretty sweet track - haven't dug into the rest yet, but the Cinci boys have made good.
Last week saw new releases from The New Pornographers and The Hold Steady.
A few weeks earlier The Tallest Man On Earth released The Wild Hunt - and I'm going to go ahead and call this now - I think it's going to be my album of the year for 2010. (I've already gushed about it... and my itunes has counted over 300 plays of Tallest Man songs since April 20th... yikes.)
Next week, Tim Fite releases his new album for free on timfite.com

Does it get much better than that?!?

I haven't gotten through all the new stuff yet, but it's good.

And then there are the shows - I just missed Frightened Rabbit - which made me sad, but it was for the best. I wish I could make the Sharon Jones show on Monday - but I've got a concert of my own that night. Then, May 24th is the quirky return of Tim Fite to the greater Cincinnati area to pimp the new album.

All the cool kids dig it.

2 comments:

Kris Becknell said...

Yeah!! Tim Fite!!! This is in the Parlour at Southgate...I thought he would have had enough following by now to get the Ballroom, but maybe we are just still ahead of the curve.

Kris

Matt said...

no joke?! I need to get my ticket - I had assumed he would be in the main room, too....