Thursday, October 14, 2010

...but I don't FEEL unemployed....

My time of Unemployment may be over! Which is funny, because, for the most part, I've kept myself remarkably busy. I won't lie... there have definitely been times where I was in a funk and didn't really do anything, and there have been many frustrations (most of which relate to not having a paycheck for the first time in over a decade) but in truth, I have found many things to keep myself busy.

I'm going to be working for a company called Basewest. They are the almost sole supplier of emergency aircraft slide lighting for most airplane manufactures. (ie. Bowing, Airbus, etc. etc.) Kind of specific, huh?

Anyway, as with anything involved in the aircraft world, everything comes down to compliance and documentation. So that if something (god forbid) goes wrong, the FAA can come back and trace the fault to almost the person it breaks down with. So with that, there is a lot that needs to be done in managing parts and inventory that needs to be done in a pretty precise way (for instance, if a spool of wire comes in, that wire needs to be tested and measured to extreme tolerances before being put on the manufacturing line)

So I'd sort of be doing that. And inspection of packing, and some light assembly where needed.... sort of a do-whatever-needs-done kinda guy. It's a new position that has been created because of some of the growth of the company.

Sooooooo.... yeah. I may start as soon as Monday.

Yikes. Goodbye free time.

4 comments:

Kris Becknell said...

I can honestly say that product line is weirder than most of the things I sold in my past jobs (i.e. Duct Tape, Pneumatic Tools, Kiddie Lip Gloss.)

Congrats on the new job!!

Kris

Matt said...

I don't think I knew you sold kiddie lip gloss.....

Schatzy said...

All I have is hydraulic fittings to my credit; I am a little jealous.

Jack Croupy, alias said...

Congrats! and I like the picture.