Tuesday, October 5, 2010

thinkin'

Been doin' some thinkin' lately....

There has been both lots to think about, and lots of time in which to think.

Time to think can be a double-edged sword. Often we don't have enough time to think and reflect, which is a valuable thing. But when given too much time to think and not accompany that thought with action it becomes almost a destructive thing.

I've been thinking a lot lately and about a number of different things... and struggling with the action part of it.

But... I think that the thinking is leading towards action very soon. I have managed to make a couple of contacts here, and one may actually lead to both a job and a larger opportunity. In addition to that, I'm thinking of ways to make money in terms of self-employment that would actually be of interest to me (while whoring myself out does seem like a way of making money, it would probably get boring in the long-term.. and causes problems with the IRS).

I know, it's vague... but I'm hashing out some ideas right now... and I'm tentatively excited about some of the possibilities. I took a bike ride to the lake today with a pencil and paper and sat by the lake and wrote down some thoughts and ideas... now I need to figure out how to implement those ideas....

6 comments:

Jack Croupy, alias said...

dude, so happy to hear you've got some ideas and directions to pursue. I've thought about you a lot recently and, I can honestly say, I'm actually excited to see what you do next...I'm usually totally surprised, kinda jealous I didn't think of it and way beyond what I would do.

Can't wait to hear about it.

Matt said...

We will have much to talk about, my friend. But none of what I'm doing is "beyond" what you would be able to do. Hell... some of it is just plain mundane.

Schatzy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Schatzy said...

I have been trying to learn checkers and chess; I've never really been good at either one. And then I thought, "To what end?" It was immediately clear that I don't have the Garry Kasparov gene and could leverage video chess into a political career. But I digress. Maybe you could pick up guitar making again. Or furniture making. Or painting. Cross stich is always nice too.

Matt said...

who is this "Schatzy" person?

Schatzy said...

Me are.