Mr. Jack Croupy mentioned photography yesterday... and did so on a day that I was in a funk. He motivated me to pick up my camera and go somewhere. Some of the better -or at least more interesting- results are above. I spent the afternoon at Boyd Hill Preserve - a beautiful park in South St. Pete. Filled with birds and other animals, I spent the afternoon walking the paths, taking pictures. I also got to see my first wild alligator - and while he was a baby, it was still pretty cool.
I should get my new camera next month... I'm super excited about it. It will have a good learning curve to it, but it's a huge upgrade in technology, and a tremendous upgrade in terms of technical level.
I will be revisiting Boyd Hill frequently, I think. Although come to think of it, I don't remember any hills.... hmmm.
So - thanks for the kick in the butt, Croup. And... thanks for still reading my blog.
Nice photos...and the props are not necessary. As friends, we try to inspire and nudge the best out of each other. You've done the same for me several times, in fact, you had a hand in getting me blogging!
I think that large bird with the long neck is...a dinosaur. It's positively prehistoric.
For prehistoric looking birds, go no further than east fork lake and check out the blue herons... beautiful, but pterodactyl- like birds.... which - this is some type of heron I'm pretty sure.
2 comments:
Nice photos...and the props are not necessary. As friends, we try to inspire and nudge the best out of each other. You've done the same for me several times, in fact, you had a hand in getting me blogging!
I think that large bird with the long neck is...a dinosaur. It's positively prehistoric.
For prehistoric looking birds, go no further than east fork lake and check out the blue herons... beautiful, but pterodactyl- like birds.... which - this is some type of heron I'm pretty sure.
Post a Comment