Y'all know what BS stands for....
And that's what it is. We got a letter this week from Bank of America. From the "Bank of America Home Retention Group." FedExed. Overnight. From Texas.
Which essentially means there is a 95% chance that our landlord hasn't been paying the mortgage on the house we live in (despite the fact that we give her a large amount of money each month.) It helps to explain her reticence to actually fix anything. And it also doesn't help that she is irrationally crazy and told me in the last discussion that I had with her she told me she bought a gun.... anyway..... After a brief email confrontation (which never goes all that well), we are at somewhat of an impasse.... Ugh. So we've been researching tenant law, foreclosure law, and all that good stuff.
We also had a very brief baby scare - probably not as much of a scare for Laura as it was for me, but it scared me nonetheless... so I had a lot of stress there....
And... I've had some big decisions about work. While we had initially thought that I would be leaving work when the baby came, they decided to make that difficult for me and offer me a 50% raise - and responsibilities that would potentially offer me a lot more career options... Sooooooo..... we've had to really deal with that and do some serious figuring as to what we want to do. It's such a tough decision, but I think we've worked out something of a good compromise. Nothing's perfect... nothing ever will be. And... sometimes... things are just hard.
But, so that this doesn't all sound depressing, we had dinner tonight at a bar in downtown st. pete where nothing is over $5. So I had a couple of Yeungling, we shared an order of buffalo tater tots (just what they sound like - hot sauce, tater tots, jalapenos, cheddar cheese, and blue cheese), Laura had a chopped salad, and I had a hot dog with cream cheese, bacon, sauerkraut, onions, and some other good stuff. Yes.... cheap bars are good. The bathrooms reminded me of habits, only slightly dirtier.
Egg Fast Log Sept 2017...
8 years ago

2 comments:
WOW! That is a lot of stuff to digest in one blog post. That is crazy that your landlady isn't paying the mortgage...I guess she is using your money to buy guns. And a bathroom dirtier than Habits...scary!
Cheers to better times!
Kris
Love to see your posts, my friend, though I'm sorry to hear you've had so much stress!
I hope you get it all figured out quickly and without much agonizing.
Miss you guys!
Post a Comment