I'm finding out that people don't tell you a lot of things about babies.
No one ever told me about Baby Belly Buttons (also known as "Rotting Human Flesh in the Form of a Used-Up Ambilical Cord").
The smell. Like... well.... a rotting dead squirrel in the street, crossed with some fermenting cabbage.
Trust me. Nothing this child has expelled from his body has smelled worse than the SmellyButton. The smell even made it through a layer of clothing AND overalls.
It hung on there for way too long - Laura and I would give each other daily SmellyButton Status Updates. Bit by bit, you could lift it up to get the full aeromatic effect. By Wednesday it was hanging by a mere, goopy thread of flesh.
But this Thursday was one of Luca's big milestones. SmellyButton fell off.
So - here's to all the babies out there with their SmellyButtons, and here's to all the parents who have had to smell them.
3 comments:
Umm...ewww! I didn't know about that either...no one tells you the gross stuff or the bad stuff cuz then no one would have kids.
Kris
trust me.... they don't tell you lots of things.
But, you also can't fully appreciate how good the good is. I'm that guy that shows pictures of my baby on my phone. I'm that guy that thinks his kid is the coolest kid ever. (yes. I truly do believe that). weird. super weird.
Neither of my girl's buttons stank...so it's either boys, or maybe it's just you have a sensitive nose...or maybe it's just a Smith family trait. ;)
Anyway, it's a pleasure to read your updates, as usual. So...when are you moving back?
Jack Croupy
Post a Comment