Thursday, June 21, 2012

Anniversaries.. and other things



Today is the first day of summer, the longest day of the year! (or at least the day I started writing this was)

Which means that yesterday was my anniversary, the celebration of the second year of marriage to my wonderful wife.  We had the distinct and rare pleasure of dining with just the two of us, at a place that you only get to enjoy once in a while.  Our table faced a window that provided us an almost arial view of the bay and the sunset.  The food was excellent (the best scallops I've ever eaten in my entire life) but, above all - the company was perfect and the evening was excellent.  

Now of course, it's a couple days later.  I still love my wife just as much, but tonight's dinner fare was greasy-spoon-diner breakfast-for-dinner and we left as soon as we could because Luca was past the point of tolerating a meal...  So while it may not be as glamourous, there's still no one I'd rather spend my time with. Happy anniversary.

1 comment:

Laura S said...

Aw, so sweet. I agree completely -about you, not me ;). Best two years ever.