Sunday, November 18, 2007

Fall in Oakley

 I finally remembered to take my camera with me today as I walked the dog. I had sort of feared that we weren't going to get great color this year since things were so dry, but it stayed warm so long that the trees finally got some water and the leaves got their color. It really has been incredibly beautiful and some of the trees are just now hitting their peak. So this picture came out pretty well. I love old signs and buildings like the 20th Century. Rumor has it that now that the guy from Habits owns it he's going to try and redo the neon on the sign. How sweet would that be?
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous! And great news about the neon...I love neon.

Jack Croupy, alias said...

Nice pic, and I'm excited that they're going to refurb the sign...hopefully the building too. And maybe, just maybe, kill that plant that lives on top of the sign....have you seen that thing in summer?!! It's about 4 feet tall!

Matt said...

Yeah.. the tree! That's why I was really happy with this picture - minimal wires (and there are a lot) and the tree is on the other side.