There's a whole sad culture around single people in this town.
Maybe every town.
But I can't even begin to tell you about the people I've met/talked to, etc.
And I guess it's good that people are upfront with their issues, but I'm not ready to deal with most of them. I've actually considered going out with a diagnosed bipolar girl who took herself off of her medications. Admittedly, I didn't consider it for long, but I did think about it. Her other qualities seemed remarkably redeeming.
But really, where do you meet people? Bars? Yeah right. I'm not the kind of guy that a drunk girl looks at and says "yeah, I wanna get with that." And even if I were, what kind of a start to a relationship would that be?
The grocery? "Surely you're kidding," you say. Unfortunately, Kroger is often listed as one of the best places to meet people in town. I've shopped there for over two years now. I have yet to have a meaningful discussion with a girl about how to select perfectly ripe melons there. Actually, I have yet to have a meaningful discussion with ANY girl at the grocery other than some casual joking about how long the lines are.
The art museums? Maybe I need a wingman, but women in art museums carry with them an air of unapproachability that is rarely rivaled. And usually they are traveling in pairs. Or with a man that is NOT me.
The internet? Eh. don't get me started.
But I'm tired of being single. I'm tired of being alone. And really, as much as we joke about sex, it's really about companionship. Knowing that there's someone else there.... And I know I'm picky. But I'm willing to compromise on some things... but come on...
So what is my fatal flaw? (rhetorical question here, folks... not open-season on bashing me... sorry). Why is it that the girls that I am interested in don't go beyond one date and the ones that I'm not interested in would? And why is it that just meeting people in this town is an incredibly difficult task?
Egg Fast Log Sept 2017...
8 years ago
