Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Florida!


Soooooo much has happened since I've posted.

Got married, went on a honeymoon, moved, moved Laura's stuff... you know... small stuff :)

We are settling in here in Florida, and now that Laura's move is complete, the reality that I am unemployed is setting in a little. I've been applying for jobs small and large, and really only the University of Tampa has enough decency to even bother to reply and tell me they don't want me... most applications are met with silence.

But, in the interest of developing a side business (does it count as a side business if I don't have a first business?), I'm launching a new blog - http://mattsmithphotos.blogspot.com/

I'm getting ready to sell a bunch of stuff so that I can perform a fairly serious camera upgrade. My camera - while great - is really an amateur camera and I'm going to have a hard time selling myself as someone to hire with it. Sooooo... it's time to part with some stuff. And, given that the house is a little overfilled right now, it's the right time. So craigslist is going to be my friend and I'll be saying goodbye to some toys. Most noteably something we said hello to here... I bought it from a guy who had lost his job and needed money, and the truth is, I don't really play it much anymore. I won't get rid of the Taylor, but the other guitars are toys... and I need something that can make me some money. So... goodbye Mr. Martin. It's been a privilege to have your company for a while.

The job of house husband is working out pretty well, though. Today's the first day I've been a little bit lazy, but otherwise I've been busy! I've also been doing a fair amount of cooking, which has been nice. I did some really tasty veggie kabobs (and a couple of hot Italian sausages for myself.. not quite Kroeger and sons, but tasty nonetheless...) The weather in general has been nice here - hot, but the sun is clear and bright. Good times.

We head to North Carolina this weekend for the wedding of one of Laura's best friends. Hopefully the hurricane holds off.

Now... back to unpacking some boxes...

2 comments:

Jack Croupy, alias said...

Excellent! I've been pining for a post on your new life in FL! Man, sorry to hear your selling the Martin...I'll pass the info along to our Cincy musical friends.

Are you going to sell your "amateur" camera? I'd be interested. Also, I LOVE the idea of MattSmithPhotos!! I'm gonna buy something eventually...I swear!

So great to hear your taking to the house-husband...I think I'd love it (also, in my case, Mr. Mom). Alas, I need to work and, unfortunately, so does Jess.

Maria's doing fine, Gracie LOVES her little sister and Jess is back in action! Miss you, can't wait to catch up with you as soon as possible.

Cheers!
Jack Croupy, alias

Matt said...

The Martin was sold today. Sad to see it go, but I sold it for what I paid for it, so in many ways it was just like I got the privilege of just enjoying it for a while...