Thursday, September 9, 2010

Manufacturing Fall

Ahhhh... Autumn....

That time of year when everyone heads back to school, the air gets a little chill to it, and the trees start to change...

Wait.

None of those things are happening. I'm not working. It's hot and humid out. The palm trees continue to sway. It feels like summer.

But there are some signs that point to the arrival of my favorite month - October. These clear indicators include
-the return of the NFL (tonight, in fact. I'm predicting a 10-6 season for the Bengals, but that's for a different post)
-Oktoberfest Beer. (this always makes me happy)

So....

In the interest of making it FEEL like fall, I've bought some Oktoberfest beer, baked some oatmeal-raisin cookies (which, for me, are somehow completely linked to Fall), and plan on watching some football this weekend. So... welcome Fall, I think this one may be a little different for us... I'll probably spend more time at the beach than in the woods, but that will be an OK change.

And maybe... just maybe... I'll crank down the AC enough to wear a sweatshirt some evening.....


Ok that last one is doubtful, but I'm wishing you all a wonderful autumn.

1 comment:

Jack Croupy, alias said...

Wahoo!! NFL, foliage changing and walks in the woods...Ohio misses you too, Matt!