Saturday, February 5, 2011

random stuff


Since I haven't posted in a while, I thought I'd post about a bit of random stuff.

Everyone likes animal pictures... our animals are doing pretty well. Beulah has developed into a bit more of a challenging dog since she lives with a bunch of other animals now, but she is still a big sweetie. Walter is also sweet (most of the time - but he's grumpy in the mornings). The cats... well. I really fear that our child will think they are named &*%$@#$#@ and @#$^&!^. The baby will be a huge adjustment for everyone - the animals included. Really - could we pack a few more changes into the year?

We rented the carriage house behind our house so that anyone coming to visit will have a place to stay - it's a nice little one-bedroom apartment with a small kitchen and bathroom all its own. It shares the fenced-in yard with our house, so it's perfect for once the baby is here and the grandparents want to come visit for longer stretches of time. That said, the place isn't just for grandparents. It's open for occupancy!

The other beauty of the carriage house is that it allows us to actually make up a nursery. Which I am super excited about. I am in full-on nesting mode and have even done a little sewing to prove it. Our theme includes owls, so I made some little stuffed owls from a handy dandy interweb machine tutorial. I left the wings off b/c I thought they were pretty cute as it was... but I think I'm going to try this next. I also made a little sock monster with the other sock from the set. I'll have to find a picture of him soon.

Pictures of the nursery will be forthcoming.....

No comments: